QUALITY DENTURE SERVICES IN ST. THOMAS
Offering quality denture services and repairs in St. Thomas.
At the St. Thomas Denture Clinic we strive to provide you with personal service that makes your life easier. The entire denture making process is done on site to ensure that what you get is exactly what you want. As well, we provide convenient, fast services and we even offer an emergency same-day service for most denture repairs. Unlike most things you purchase to wear, dentures cannot be “tried on” or “previewed” by the customer. This makes it hard to know where to go or who to trust with your smile. It is important that you find a Denturist who is not only experienced, but is also concerned for your well being.
“Will I have to wait for my dentures when my remaining natural teeth are removed?” We understand that one of the main concerns of patients is that after their natural teeth are removed, they will have to wait for their dentures so that the gums can heal. There is another method that will ensure your new dentures are fitted immediately after your teeth are removed. Immediate dentures are constructed before your remaining teeth are removed so that the dentures can be inserted directly into your mouth following the removal. This allows you to go right back into your regular routine without fear of embarrassment. Although more convenient, immediate dentures do have to be adjusted as your gums heal to protect your health and ensure the best possible result. It is important to visit your Denturist regularly during the healing period.
This process consists of adding new base material to the tissue-side of a denture so it fits properly. Your Denturist will need to take an impression inside your existing denture. Relining affects only the fit of your denture and will not change the appearance. Relines are required when tissue changes occur due to resorption (shrinkage). This can be due to: loss of weight, loss of teeth, loss of bone, aging, disease or illness, change of medication.
In most cases, your Denturist can restore a broken or cracked denture to its original state. Repairs may be required when breakage or chipping occurs, when one or more teeth need to be added to an existing denture (due to tooth extraction), or because of wear and tear. Most repairs can easily be done in one day. If your denture requires a repair, it may be indicative of underlying problems, including age of the denture, worn teeth, or poor fit. Your Denturist is the professional who can best explain how to prevent denture breakage from occuring.
“What are dental implants and how do I know if they are right for me?” Dental implants are artificial tooth roots which your dentures can be attached to. They give the same result as removable dentures in terms of providing you with a full and beautiful smile but are held securely in place with attachments. If you have any of these problems, then dental implants may be the solution for you:
• Difficulty chewing or sore gums when eating raw vegetables
• Loose dentures causing sores or cuts
• Shrinking gums
• Dentures that move when you talk or eat
Be Confident Of Your Smile!
Are you ashamed of your smile? We can help!
At the St. Thomas Denture Clinic our main goal is to provide you with professional and reliable service to make sure that you’ll never have to hide your smile again.
When should I replace my dentures?
Generally dentures last about five to seven years. Regular visits to your Denturist for cleaning and check-ups will prolong the lifespan of your dentures. Some of the symptoms that indicate you may need new dentures are:
• Dentures causing sores, headaches or earaches
• Uncomfortable or loose dentures
• Cracks and wrinkles forming on the skin around the mouth
• Difficulty chewing
• Foul breath
• Thin lips or a sunken face
• Dentures shifting when speaking or moving the mouth
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, see your Denturist as soon as possible to have the problem assessed. Failure to properly treat problems for a long period of time can cause irreversible damage to the mouth structure, so don’t wait to call!
Denture care and maintenance.
How do I keep my dentures clean?
• Rinse the denture under water after meals to remove loose food debris.
• Brush regularly after each meal, or at least before bed. This removes the plaque and some stains.
• Brush with water or a denture paste.
• You can use a denture brush or a regular soft toothbrush to clean the denture.
• The most effective way to keep your dentures clean is by daily brushing, in combination with soaking the dentures in a chemical solution.
Some helpful hints:
• When brushing the appliance hold it gently.
• Do not soak or rinse the denture in hot water; this can distort its shape.
• Never scrape the denture with sharp instruments in an attempt to remove hard deposits. Instead, take it to a dental professional.
• Never use a hard bristled brush to clean the denture. This can scratch the denture.
• Remove dentures for a period of 6 to 8 hours daily to allow your gums to breathe.
• When not wearing your dentures, keep them in water or denture solutions in order to maintain the proper fit. If dentures dry out they can change their shape.
At the St. Thomas Denture Clinic we offer a range of services including:
• Full dentures
• Partial dentures
• Implant dentures
• Sports mouth guards
• Soft liners
• Teeth whitening
• Anti-snoring appliances
The importance of a smile
According to many surveys from around the world, your smile is the first thing people notice about you.
According to a survey done in the U.S., more than 92% of adults agreed that an attractive smile is an important social asset and 88% said they always remember someone with an especially attractive smile.
So why not be remembered for your beautiful smile?
Let us bring your smile back!
We Offer A Free Consultation.
About our clinic
We ensure you get exactly what you want.
Denture Fabrication is done in the clinic. This allows patients to see each step of the process and tailor their denture to their own customized smile.
Our staff and Denturist Nathan Landon are always working to provide a friendly, comfortable experience for you. We produce professional results—every time! Call today for a free consultation.